The Admissions Office of Kessben College warmly welcomes you to our world of excellence. We are thrilled to admit you, and also prepared to enable you unravel your academic strengths and accomplishments, encourage your personal growth, and inspire your creativity and innovativeness.
As a potential student of KC, we see you as the cornerstone of our College Community and our partner in advancing Kessben College’s goal of providing tertiary level education to all qualified applicants irrespective of race, religion, creed, nationality, gender, age, culture or other backgrounds, that will prepare them to contribute to the socio-economic development of Ghana and the broader world.
General Entry Requirements
1. WASSCE/SSSCE Holders who have credits (A1-C6/ A-D Respectively) in the following Three (3) Core Subjects: English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science plus credits (A1-C6) in Three Elective Subjects with an Aggregate Score of 24 or better in the relevant Area of Study.
2. GENERAL BUSINESS CERTIFICATE (GBCE) Holders who possess passes in three compulsory Subjects including English Language and passes in any Three Elective Subjects including Business Mathematics.
3. ADVANCED LEVEL Holders with credits in at least Five (5) subjects at the GCE ‘O’ Level (or its equivalent) including English Language and Mathematics, plus at least two passes in the relevant subjects at the Advanced Level obtained not more than Three (3) years ago.
4. ADVANCED BUSINESS CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION (ABCE) Holders with passes in Three compulsory Subjects plusThree optional subjects relevant to the programme of study, OR Applicants with Stage I of ACCA, ICA, Associate of Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB), Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) with credits at WASSCE/SSSCE in Three (3) Core Subjects and Three (3) Elective Subjects or credits at GBCE or ABCE or GCE O’ Level including English Language and Mathematics.
5. MATURE STUDENTS who have attained the age of 25 years or above at the time of application and have credits in Five (5) GCE ‘O Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics, in addition to passing an Entrance Examination and /or Interview.
6. HND Holders with Three (3) years relevant working experience in addition to the Minimum Entry Requirement at WASSCE/SSSCE or Five (5) GCE O’ Level credits including English Language and Mathematics.
Only students who duly satisfy the entry requirements of their programme of study can be admitted to the College. Any student who falsifies his/her results for admission would be withdrawn immediately it is detected.
How to Apply
Application forms can also be downloaded from our website www.kc.edu.gh. A set of application forms costs GHȻ50.00 for Ghanaian applicants and US Dollars $100.00 for foreign applicants. Payment is by either cash or banker’s draft payable to Kessben University College. Completed application forms together with certified copies of certificates/result slips may be submitted to the Registrar on campus or to our Kumasi campus at Aseda House Adum.
Fees for Freshmen
The tuition fee for the 2016/2017 Academic Year for Ghanaians is Ghc2,800.00 (Two Thousand, Eight Hundred Ghana Cedis).
In addition to the above tuition fees, accommodation facility costs One Thousand Ghana Cedis (Ghc1,000.00) per annum.
Kessben College has very flexible payment plans for students who cannot pay the balance in full at the start of the semester.
Payment of tuition and accommodation fees is by Bankers’ Draft or Direct Deposits into the following Bank Account:
·Multi Credit Savings and Loans Ltd., Account Number 1010040293621
·Transfer of fees can be done in any recognised bank in Ghana
·Please bring along your pay-ion-slip to the College to go through the registration process
·Please note that fees paid in respect of admission are non-refundable
KC is located seventeen miles away from Kumasi, precisely Kuntanase, on the Bosomtwe Lake Road in the Ashanti Region of Ghana in West Africa. For persons within and around the Kumasi Metropolis, the first access point to Kessben College via Kuntanase-bound vehicle is Roman Hill, Kejetia or Atonsu Agogo in Kumasi. From any point in and around the metropolis, one can board any vehicle, be it private or commercial to Kuntanase-Petrensa. From Accra, one can get to Kessben College through Ejisu by private or commercial vehicle.
All students, including freshmen/women, are obliged to register IN PERSON at the beginning of every semester.
All freshmen, who have paid their fees, will be medically examined by College Approved Medical Officer.
The exercise involves the following:
completion of medical forms by student
taking of vital signs by nurses
physical examination and certification by a qualified doctor
Orientation and Integration Programme
KC offers orientation and integration programme for fresh students after the admission processes. All freshmen are required to attend orientation and integration programmes organised by the College, Schools, Departments and Halls. The purpose of the orientation and integration programme may be summarised as follows:
·To welcome fresh students and help them adjust and adapt to College life.
·To integrate foreign students into the College Community.
·To explain the registration procedure, matriculation, the grading system and examination regulations, etc.
·To expose them to facilities available at KC to make college education an enjoyable and a rewarding experience.
·To explain the roles and responsibilities of the student as provided in the SRC constitution.
·To let students know their rights, privileges, obligations and responsibilities in the College.
·To enable students to know their relationship with other departments, sections and units of the College.
·To enable international students familiarise themselves with the College community and other key places outside the College.
NB: Please check the Academic Calendar (2016/2017) for the date scheduled for the orientation and integration programme.
Matriculation is the event where a freshman is officially inducted as a student of Kessben College. A freshman must fulfil all the requirements and obligations the College sets for him/her to be matriculated. Any student who fails to be matriculated without any valid reason will not be accepted as a student of Kessben College. Notable these obligations and requirements are compulsory Admission, Orientation and Integration, Registration and Medical Examination.